Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Auto Attendant Routing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2007
US
I have been getting reports from my receptionist the past couple days that the following has been happening, and I am stuck on where else to look. I'm sure I'm missing a setting that inadvertently got changed...

A caller calls into our main auto attendant and then dials someone's extension to reach them directly. As normal, the caller hears hold music while the extension is rung. For some users intermittently, the call ultimately is sent to the receptionist instead of to the person's Audix mailbox if they don't answer.

Any idea why this would be happening? We have an s8710 running version 2.2.

Do those people have a mailbox and coverage set?

Yes, they all have a mailbox and their coverage paths are set correctly to go to Audix. In fact, when I call them via the auto attendant I cannot duplicate the problem (it works as it should). However, it is continually happening throughout the day.

Some other details...it appears this is happening only with people that are agents who log into their phone. Along this line, should the coverage path appear on both the station and the agent?

Also, I have been doing several traces of the attendant, and I believe that I get the following error message in the trace when this issue happens. "denial event 1644: Orig block/invalid digits D1=0x20002 D2=0x24a

Normally the extension number on the phone and the Agents id ar two different entities. When an Agent logs into a phone the Agent ID is the actual "number" that needs to be administered in the Audix as a mailbox and also setup with a Coverag path to Audix

Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back