Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttblak

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
I know that this may not reside under PBX questions, however I thought maybe someone would be able to assist.

I have 4 sites

One in Chicago
One in New York
One in Florida
and the last in Maryland!

I would like to "link" our Defininty Audix Systems, in-order to exchange, and forward voice mails. How is this done? Any sug. would be appreaciated!

jttblak,
You need to get the AMIS networking software/feature on your Definity Audix, You can see this under the "ch sys cu" form.
I assume the four sites mentioned above are interlinked. With AMIS, you can use a single definity Audix to store the messages for all the sites also.
Hope this would help :)

You can also use the AUDIX Digital networking feature which assigns one of the digital phone ports as a Digital data module. If you have tie trunks or a virtual network between the sites, it transfers the data at 64K. If not you can configure it using modems to transfer at 19.2K. It is faster than AMIS (unless your transfer speeds are 4.8k or less). The advantage to AMIS is that you can network non AVAYA (ie Definity and Intuity AUDIX) voice mail systems. Go to Avaya's web site ( and get Document # 585-300-534.
Audix Digital Networking is not the easiest feature to set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back