Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix zero out question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fesman

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
US
I am trying to stop callers from zeroing out of a couple of VM boxes I have setup in Audix without removing the zero out option altogether. I tried enhanced_no_cover_0 on the change system-parameters features admin, it was an option under the choices menu, but it would not save. It gave me this error: 'Invalid Input - Press [Choices] for help'??

without removing the zero out option altogether: meaning from other extentions, auto-attend, etc.....

Maybe the best idea would be to put a zero out destination in the mailbox of a extension that is not used in the pbx. Then I believe the audix will not send the call, but u would have to experiment to see for sure.
Or u could do "change sys features" and take out the zero out default destination, then put the zero out destination in each mailbox that u want to be able to zero out of. Leave it blank for all extensions that u don't want to have a zero destination.
U might also be able to do something with partition in the voice mail, but I am not familiar with that.

The way I worked around this was to set up the mailbox as a Automated attendant .. treat all digits as repeats and the timeout as well .. your greeting will need to instruct the call er to press 1 to leave a message.. the timeout portion of the mailbox will need to hang up after it expires.

hope this helps

BoBAz

System Multilingual is OFF Call Answer Primary Annc. Set: System
Call Answer Language Choice? n Call Answer Secondary Annc. Set: System

PERMISSIONS Type: auto-attendant Announcement Control? n
Outcalling? y Priority Messages? y Broadcast: none
IMAPI Access? n IMAPI Voice File Transfer? n Fax? n

INCOMING MAILBOX Order: fifo Category Order: nuo
Retention Times (days), New: 14 Old: 10 Unopened: 10
OUTGOING MAILBOX Order: fifo Category Order: unfda
Retention Times(days), File Cab: 5 Delivered/Nondeliverable: 5

Voice Mail Message (seconds), Maximum Length: 300 Minimum Needed: 32
Call Answer Message (seconds), Maximum Length: 120 Minimum Needed: 8
End of Message Warning Time (seconds):
Maximum Mailing Lists: 25 Total Entries in all Lists: 250
Mailbox Size (seconds), Maximum: 1200 Minimum Guarantee: 0

Page 3

SUBSCRIBER AUTOMATED ATTENDANT MENU

Allow Call Transfer? n

Button Extension Treatment Comment
1: 5913 call-answer r
2: 5913 call-answer r
3: 5913 call-answer repeat
4: 5913 call-answer repeat
5: 5913 call-answer repeat
6: 5913 call-answer repeat
7: 5913 call-answer repeat
8: 5913 call-answer repeat
9: 5913 call-answer repeat
0: 5913 call-answer repeat
Timeout:

Length Of Time-Out On Initial Entry : 5

A good example of the simple solution being the best one.
Why didn't I think of that?
By the way, "enhanced_no_cover_0 on the change system-parameters features admin" has to do whether or not the call coming out of the Intuity goes down the cover path or stays at the transfer station. But it only works with some kinds of integration. It isn't related to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back