Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix-User greetings not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghowson

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2001
US
We have a recurring (and apparently random) problem. Please help!!

We have a Lucent Definity with Definity Audix. On some extensions, even though the greetings are set correctly, the user' greeting will not answer. Instead the Definity answers with "Your call is being answered by Audix. The person you are calling is not availabel. To leave a message, use the touchtones to redial the extension you called..."

We have tried recreating extensions and mailboxes ad nauseum and to no avail.

Any thoughts would help.
Thanks
Geoff

It has been a while since I used Definity Audix, we are on Octel now.

Make sure your Names match exactly in both systems. (case sensitive). This would be the first thing I would look at.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

We have checked that, and redone the names in several iterations. Didn't help.

Name on the PBX has nothing to do with Audix. Because you may have a main number works as "autoatt" to say "press 1 to leave message for John Doe and press 2 to leave a message for Jane Joe." John and Jane Doe are not in PBX but in Audix.

Are you using any customized COS? On the second page of the subscriber form, under premissions/type: are you using call-answer?

Good luck!

Verify the analog ports are in the correct order. You have to identify each analog extension in the Audix. If your analog PBX ports are not connected into the Audix in the exact order defined in the voice system setup of the Audix, it will result in sporatic unintegrated calls on the incorrectly defined ports. Also, an Audix which hasn't been rebooted in 3+ months can do crazy stuff like that. Try a reboot after hours.

-CL

I have the same problem, I am trying to setup an autoattendant and i keep getting the same message.
I reboot my system 2 times after the second time i was able to setup the auto attendant, but i have the same problem again when i try to setup more stations.
I don't want to have to reboot the system all the time. Does anyone have any answers to this problem?

Thanks

Make sure that the coverage path is correct, if it is not going to h99 or whatever the voicemail is named, you will get that message. Also on page 2 you may have to name the Audix system.

Hi Ghowson,

I'm pretty sure you'll find that lopez is correct. The way to find out is to monitor the channels within audix. Whilst monitoring the channels dial the audix hunt-group extension the same number of times as the number of members (as it's set to ucd-mia that should ensure you check all channels) - any that are configured incorrectly will connect as ".cim".

The official Avaya line is that anything based upon Unix needs a re-boot every 30 days.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi,

I'm actually wrong - i was thinking of intuity audix but your usingh embedded right? It's the names not matching the names (including spaces and caps) need to match exactly otherwise this will happen.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back