Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix r4.0 prompts callers to re-enter the dialed extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

561tech

Vendor
Mar 28, 2005
US
On Definity Audix release 4.0, when a call covers to an analog extension's voicemail box, instead of playing the mailboxes primary recorded personal greeting it prompts the caller to "use touch-tones and re-enter the extension you called". Both the station and subscriber mailbox are built identically to an existing analog set that doesn't prompt you to re-enter the extension #. I have used all of the various "audit" command options from the choices menu in an attempt to update the translation changes without sucess. Any ideas?

what is the extension that does not work? are you sure its in the dial plan? For example if the station is 0122 or something like that the audix may be just picking up the 0.

Secondly I have a MM1.1 system that the extension MUST be in the name field of the station. for example "end 1234, user" This is the dumbist thing I've seen, but it has to be this way for the MM to recognize who the call is for or the caller gets repompted as you mentioned.

Its been a while since i worked on an audix, but I also remeber you needed to have the "LWC Reception:" field set correctly or funny things would happen.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

And only that station gets that message, and it gets that message ever time the call covers to audix?

Are you doing an Audit of the Names database in the Audix programming.

I had a similar problem recently, I renamed the Mailbox so that it matches exactly the Station name, I then did an audit of the Names database. After that it started working.

Delmar

Hello,
some time ago I've did researches about the same problem and that's what I've discovered :
1. Subscriber's name have to be exactly the same as station name. Better if it confirms to roules for Directory in DEFINITY ('Last name','first name' and no space between)
2. If the station Name is not longer then 15 simbols,I have a choice to follow this roule or not, i.e. I can use any combination of simbols as Name, including spaces, digits in any sequence, providing this is unic combination.
3. If the Name is longer then 15 (up to 24)simbols, I have to strictly follow the roule "LastName"",""FirstName" without space between. If not - the AUDIX says that names are not touch-tone unic.

May be it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back