Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Audix Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXmann

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
Hi All.

Is there some way to administer Definity Audix if you dialed into the RMATS port of the switch or must you dial into the RMATS port of the Definity Audix itself?

In other words, is there any way to get from the switch to the Definity Audix that it contains for administration?

Thanks.

I'll always had 1 number for the switch and 1 number for audix

Are you trying to remotely access both devices or just want to be able to get to both at the same time? If this is for on site ASA works great for doing both. If of premises "I would think" that you would have to dial into each one seperately. I dont know of any way to reach your Audix through the switch.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

No, it doesn't have a "passthrough " feature like Legends do.

I added a Definty Audix to our Fl location and was told that one way was to us an extension/DID from the switch to a modem that goes to Voice mail. You would have to pull the DID from the punch down blocks to a modem

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can reach the Audix via IP connection.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

DefAud can have Message Manager, so it can have a connection to the Lan, but I haven't heard of someone connecting to it with ASA through the Lan.

You can reach the Audix via LAN if you have a LAN card in the Audix box and it is set up correctly. Our primary connection is via LAN and our back-up is dial-up.

manfmmd

Definity Audix is a two slot card that goes into a switch.
Inituy Audix is a stand alone box...I'm thinking

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I have a Definity Audix with MessageManager set up usint the IP port. How can I set it up to administer bia IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back