Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity and Brooktrout TRNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jreagan01

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2002
US
We have recently attempted to connect a Brooktrout TRNIC fax solution to our Definity G3R V11 using a 120A3 CSU and TN767E V18 DS1 card. According to the sample switch vector config provided by Brooktrout,a TN464 is listed as the DS1 card and not the TN767. We are also getting red lights on our 2 & 4 on the TN767 as soon as the 120A3 is connected.

Do we have a compatability problem or faulty DS1 or CSU?

Ideas?

You need a crossover DS-1 cable. TX and RX need to be reversed. -CL

You shouln't need a CSU. That for network protection. There is a cable from Avaya that has an amphanol on one end and a 15 pin connector on the other. Cut off the 15 pin connector and punch the cable down on the wallfield. As lopes1211 mentions, you need to cross-over the transmit & receive pairs.

Kevin

I also am having a problem connecting. Even with the crossover cable. I get a green light on the trnic, but the pbx gives an error 138 when i test the ds1 board. The error indicates there is no connection. When using a straight thru cable i get a red and yellow light on the trnic and the pbx indicates there is a connection, however i get other errors when testing the card?

Make sure you have your sync source set correctly.
You can also make up a loop back connection and plug it into the 120A this should help you check that the ds1 and csu are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back