Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definity Alarm - UDS1-BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gobuffs

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me what the alarm UDS1-BD is caused by?

Typical alarms are caused by circuit issues, such as no carrier or bad framing. Occasionally you might have to reseat the DS-1 board to have it run it's diagnostics. Is this board used for ISDN applications?

Kevin

Is the card still functioning properly? If there is a solid red light on Status 1 on the front of the board, then it could be a defective CSU. Maybe one of those A3's that likes to eat fuses on the DS1 boards.. Just a thought.

Jay

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

What a coincedence...I just installed a DS1 card (the carrier not connected yet). Found the same alarm in 15 min after installation... Logged on the tek-tips for the solution..

Is it normal to get the alarm in no carrer is connected?

Regards.

Yes the board will alarm out with no circuit connected. You put in the board the system expects a circuit. Make a loop back jack 1 to 4 then 2 to 5 and the board will come active sync'ed onto it's self. Then when the span is delivered take off the loop and put in the span

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thanks 1a22ip, I would better take the board out and connect it once I get the DS1 line up.

regards.

I my self would go to loop back way. This way I can define the DS1 board and translate the trunk group and when the Span is delivered it's plug and play time

Only my opinion
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back