Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definition of innuendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I clicked on the link i got directed to a google search page. I tried a second time and got linked to a video for a kids' show? With a strange bear? Did I get the correct link?

If so, I think it best to have a drink in hand while watching this.

Nick

yeah, the "kids' show"

lasta night, i'ma come home, i forgetta my keys, and i no can go inna door, so i go innuendo

:)

r937.com | rudy.ca

Gave me a smile in the office at 7:00am on a Sunday anyway!! Thanks.

Yeah, It is a kids show or was in the UK in the 70's/80's but looking at that episode I'd imagine the script writer must have intented all those double entendres.

Or maybe I just have a dirty mind. ?

There's no doubt in my mind the writers meant to put every one of them in there. The kids wouldn't understand any of them, but the parents would. The Peewee Herman show was like that all the time.

I am the wrong age for Rainbow, too old for myself, too young for my children, but this clip queues the old chestnut about Captain Pugwash and his crew which, some say, has Seaman Stains and Master Bates, let alone Roger the cabin boy.

I've seen web sites describing these as absolutely true and an urban myth so take your pick.

Columb Healy

Then theres the stories about the Magic Roundabout ...

And there's always "Muffin the Mule", but there's nothing dirty about that :p

Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

In one of the Marx Brothers movies, Groucho says "Love goes out the door when money comes innuendo." I quote this from time to time.

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience! [infinity]

isn't that a lot like mine? (see 3rd post)

although, i have to be honest, groucho probably came up with his before i did

r937.com | rudy.ca

r937,

Your post is what made me think of Groucho's line. It didn't hurt that you wrote it in a very Chico-like fashion! I didn't follow the link to the web site, so I thought you were quoting a character from the site! :)

Dave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O Time, Strength, Cash, and Patience! [infinity]

Everyone always says if they gonna make 'nice' TV like "Good News" or alike - no one is going to watch. But WHY? How do they know? Have anyone ever went broke by trying to bring new Good, Smart, Positive no violence TV on TV? Or they just talking? And who ever said smart shows for kids will be not popular? Dunno...

I am using Windows XP, Crystal Reports 9.0 with SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back