Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definition File Updates Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibarge

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
Parent Server on Windows NT4.0 SP6a
Clients, mainly W98, some W2K

Server is running Symantec Corporate Edition 8.1, but since the 18th June, virus definition updates to most of my clients have failed with an error in the log file stating that &quot;Update to <computer name> with virus definition file <def file> failed. Status 20000032&quot;.

I have removed the registry entry for one client from the registry on the server, copied the GRC.DAT file from the server to the client, restarted the client, but the server still does not see the client.

I have resolved this issue by removing the client, and then re-insatlling it, but I don't want to have to do that on all 260 of my clients !!!

Please Help ????

Thanks for the info .... sorted my issue out, but I still have to visit all clients, or has someone got a script I can run to remove these files.

Thanks

There is a fix tool.

FixVDB14 is available as &quot;beta&quot; as of Today. REports as version version 1.3.0.1

This version does not yet have the silent option integrated, and it does not work on 9x clients. Those features are still to come.

Send me your contact e-mail here&quot;-mikelinsenmayer@msn.com-&quot; and Ill send you the fix tool from my work address.

Thanks for your input, have e-mails you my deatils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back