Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defining virtual stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevensen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
We have an application which will through jtapi/cti control phones and calls in Call Manager. To do this we need to configure some virtual stations which have no hardware but can be controlled and terminate or initiate calls. On the Definity we simply define CTI ports, assign a DN and it works.

On the Call Manager 3.3 we can also assign phones as CTI ports (used by SoftPhone etc) and create a user, but we are unable to even call that DN.

Anyone done anything similar?

Sven

You can't call that DN because its not active. Even though its in the system, there is nothing registered to it. So the system thinks its inactive, and therefor unless you have voicemail, it will show busy or give you turkey tone..

BuckWeet

Do you know how to make a phone active with out having a IP phone or softphone register to it. We would like to define a pool of say 50 virtual stations which we can use to originate or terminate calls.

Sven

yea, you can use CTI ports, but once again, unless there is a voicemail box or something covering for this extension, it will ring busy.

Just for the record, I was finally able to define what I needed. I defined a set of cti ports (no users) and when my jtapi app connected to CM, I registered the cti ports as CiscoMerdiaTerminals. Now I can receive and place calls at the virtual stations.

Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back