Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

defining a query

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepp

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2001
AT
Hi,

I want to define a query, which gives me the information, on which client winzip (e.g.) is installed. This query should affect only computers from a special collection (e.g. only the w2k machines).
How can I do this ?

Thanks a lot
Andi

Some software files have file version information only, and some have that and product information. WinZip usually has both, so you can use the SoftwareProduct table to match WinZip to a product name. You need to link at least SoftwareProduct to SoftwareFile and R_System.

Try pasting this as your query statement (edit query statement > show query language):

select distinct SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductName, SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductVersion, SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName, SMS_R_System.SMSAssignedSites, SMS_R_System.LastLogonUserName
from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct on SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId
where SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductName = "WinZip" and SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductId = SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ProductId

In addition, on the General tab of the query properties you can set Limit to Collection to your W2K collection.

You can go back into Show Query Design and edit it as needed.

Thanks a lot for your help

Andi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back