Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Definety Maintenance training courses 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregster1

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
I'm looking for Suggestions on Admin and Maintenance courses that would be appropriate for new techs not familar with Avaya products. But have several years of experience in the telehpony world.
We currently have a G3Si Ver 8, and will be migrating to MultiVantage in the next 3-6 months.

I've looked at courses at Avaya, but not knowing what MultiVantage will provide for use, I'm not sure what i'm looking at.

Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

I was impressed by the Basic and Advanced administration courses from Walt Medak Associates ( I took the basic with Avaya and the Advanced from Medak and felt I accomplished MUCH more with the Medak course.

One note however, I was not as impressed with the call center course.

I'd be more than happy to share my experinces with both courses if anyone is interested....

I was given a PBX technician position by default and had no experience at all. I took the Definity ECS Basic Admin training through Sumaria Networks ( and came out of it with a world of knowledge. The course number was BTC158H.

I still have to seek help with more advanced issues but that's why we have tek-tips.

I have also taken the Basic and Advanced Admin classes at Medak, and agree with sjforcum, they are very good. I haven't had the opportunity to take their call center class yet, so I can't comment about that.

- Duaneness

I've taken the Installation and Maintenance course through Sumaria and found it informative.

For basic admin there is a self-paced CD you can pick up from Avaya. I'd start there before shelling out the money for the Basic Admin classroom stuff expecially if you have telecom experience already. If you find the CD-ROM easy to complete skip straight to I&M through Sumaria or the Advanced programming from Medak.

What would be the name of this CD, or some other information I might reference to Avaya?

thanks,

When I took the course the CD was titled

"Exploring Definity City".

I agree with the concept of taking the Basic Admin course via CBT. There was VERY little hands on experince in the basic course offered by (then) Lucent.

The Medak administration courses are MUCH more hands on. You may want to look to Avaya (or summaria) for any call center courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back