Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DEFINE WINDOW and Standalone Application 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpmasesa

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
AE
Hi,

I am creating a report that I want to run in a custom window. Below is the relevant code snippet:
DEFINE WINDOW wReport FROM 20,3 TO 90,130 IN DESKTOP TITLE 'MITU DMSS Reports' SYSTEM CLOSE FLOAT NOMINIMIZE
REPORT FORM S:\CodeVFP\Reports\Corrections PREVIEW WINDOW wReport NOWAIT
RELEASE WINDOWS wReport

When I test the form (from within VFP) it works as I want it to. When I build the application, run the executable, open this form and select the button to print the report nothing happens (something just flickers past very quickly)

What could be the problem? I spent most of today trying to solve this with no success.

The application runs fine and loads all the forms as expected. The issue is only when I attempt to preview a report.
TIA

cpmasesa

Hi cpmasesa:

Thanks for the star.

I suggest you to try to create a new project and create the programs and multi level form structure. If not successful, report back the results.

We can help you get started and pass some pointers where you can develop the idea to solve a real time problem. To my knowledge all the MVPs are extremely busy people and do not have much spare time. We are shareing the knowledge on principle. Myself, I am also new to Foxpro and learning. I have picked up many ideas from this forum.

Regards

Nasib Kalsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back