Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defective Lucent DSL's

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiten75

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
I am a programmer for my local Telco. We provide DSL service to many rural towns in our area. I have 200 + DSL's that are out of warranty and are useless to me. When serial connected to a Lucent DSL-HS-2.3MBS Pipeline It is common for me to get the error "Pipeline Power-On Test Halted: CONFIGURE UNIT!

Does anybody know how to bypass this. I could regain over 100 of these if there is a simple solution.

Thanks.

TME.

Not a simple solution however I would look at upgrading the Firmware on the units. Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
[americanflag]

I need to figure out how to do this via serial connection. How can I do the upgrade if I cannot get past the first screen after hitting "ctrl-l?"

Thanks,

TME.

Ordinarily a hashcode re-install would be in order. However Lucent no longer sells that product and hashcodes are not available. You'll have to RMA the routers and have them re-serialized at the factory or if possible replaced by the DSL-HST model. Either way you'll have some cost involved.

LucentGuy: Can you give me an answer to what causes the Pipes to go into this mode? My supervisor is pressuring me for answers. But he is understanding that the customers ability to fix them is not an option.

Thanks,

TME.

No one seems to know why this happens. Only that it does from time to time with Pipelines. It could be a memory issue or perhaps power surges. I couldn't really say. I would recommend inquiring about trade-ins for your DSL-HS-2.3MBS models with DSL-HST models or better. I have never tried to do this, but I have heard that Lucent has some type of trade-in program. Call their Pre-Sales office at 888-426-2252 and see what they say.

I have a question for LucentGuy.

Can a DSL-HST be reprogrammed to work with ADSL? I have one, but it is of no use to me. The ISP went out of business and I would like to try to use it at home. I did not know if the firmware could just be overwritten with another one. The book refers to a DSLPipe-S (the one I have) and teh DSLPipe-C (ADSL).

Can the DSL-HST be used or converted to ADSL use? Definitely not. The hardware and software are both different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back