Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Defaulting a BCM? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

option11newby

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
On our test bed we have a BCM200 running 3.5.

I am tryinbg to find a way to default the system to enable me to do in house training. Is there a quick way to do this?

I am unable to find anything on the CD.

Thanks in advance.

Reg

Go to Unified manager, click wizards, Use name-supervisor, Pswd- PlsChgMe!, and click enable quick start wizard and you off and running.

Tired the above. it does not fully wipe the system, keycodes are still visible.

Is there any other way to remove keycodes etc.

Keycodes stay with the system and can't be removed. This is to prevent keycode reuse on other systems. This isn't documented anywhere I've seen, but it's what Nortel support has told me before.

Do an hard drive image before doing any programming. Re-image the drive when needed.

There's a way to remove keycodes, you have to rename or delete 2 files. I have the info at the office. If needed I will post it.

If you could post that info it would be appreciated. If you require my email address pls let me know.

Reg

OK as promise here is how to delete or remove all key codes.
Go to a DOS prompt (with VNC or Telnet, as you like or can)

goto drive D:\Data Files\Nortel Networks\Voice CTI
in this folder, rename the file sekur to sekur.old

after goto D:\Data Files\Nortel Networks\Licensing
in this folder, rename the file KeycodeHistory.kif to KeycodeHistory.old

reboot and you are ready to re-enter your keycodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back