Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMdaTEK

Technical User
Dec 9, 2004
US

What would be the easiest way to setup a default profile for a few thousand users and make sure that their profile is deleted from their local machines at logoff.

u may want to implement .man mandatery profile, but, for that amout of users , terrible!

i will suggest to roaming profile, host profile on file servers.

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Hello. I have a similar question, but for only 120 students in my one lab of 25 computers. Roaming Profiles is not an option at this time, although the district techs have mentioned that they may look into using RP once the new networking is installed district wide...but that only a few people would actually benefit compared to the larger overhead for everybody so it may never happen.

So, I am wanting to have a DEFAULT profile for at least the computers in my room. I wantt he students to have all the same desktop based on Performance and the same start page, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DL

You can manage most of this through Group Policy if you use Active Directory using a desktop redirect policy to give everyone the same desktop look and use I.E. policy to set the default home page.

Have a look at this link for the desktop

Here for I.E. settings

Also take a look at the bottom of the link below for more info on creating a Default Profile for the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back