Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default printers keep changing in citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCGI

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
We have three citrix servers that are all Windows 2000 servers and we run Metaframe XP feature release 3 service pack 4. I have had a problem for a while now where my users complain that their default printer keeps changing in citrix. Even after resetting it and logging out and back in the network it will still not save the correct printer. I have heard other people have the same problem... is there a fix for this?

Scott

The best solution for this issue is to start using Roamming Profiles.

Are you referring to using terminal services profiles? If so then yes, we do use them.

Scott

Printers for us always prove a royal pain in the ar$3.
Suggestions.

Is citrix set to connect the client printers? If so jmust the default or all? No possiblity of the users changing their default and having that stuff thing up?

Printers settings are not only controlled by citrix policies but terminal services connections policies in AD.

Are you publishing printers through citrix itself?

I have always preferred to not allow the users to install any printers other than the ones i have published to them..

hope this may help in some way?

Cheers
James

I think the first thing I would check is the event logs on the servers, If they are getting different results and the applications are load balanced then it may depend on which server they are connecting to as to which print driver they are or not getting.

If server A B C have different print drivers installed, the client would have different results.

There can be many varibles, If there are print mappings in the CMC, The policies in the CMC, and the OS of the Client, W2K , XP.

I think if it were me, I would configure my workstation to the same default printer as the clients. Run the application through citrix from server A then B and then C and see if I get the same print driver..

just an opinon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back