Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

drm184

MIS
May 25, 2001
US
We current have a Xerox 4517 and an EPSON C84 attached to a print server on our network. When a user selects the Xerox 4517 to be the default printer on their workstation, it will stay as the default until the workstation is restarted. Then it switches back to the C84. One user doesn't have the C84 and when they restart it actually switches to Microsoft Office Document Image Writer as the default printer. The print server is running Windows NT. This started before I came on this company and it supposedly started when the domain server was upgraded to Small Business Server 2003. Not even sure where to begin on this one so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I apologize, the machine running the printers is actually running on win2k pro, not win nt. The person before me labeled the machine nt-printer so I keep thinking it's running nt. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back