Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default password for 2003 Server - Automatic Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2001
US
I have an HP Proliant ML110 NAS 500s server that needed to be restored and I used the accompanying Restore disk to rebuild it. The disk is titled QuickRestore, and it runs through everything to set up the server to factory default settings, but when I let it run, it will add the OS and when finally finished, it will bring up the Windows 2003 Server logon prompt. It has Administrator as the new user, but when I try to hit OK without a password typed out, it says that the password is incorrect. I never assigned a password, so what could it be? HP will only help with opening up of a case with them ($$) and I didn't know if there were resources anywhere that would give the default password....Thanks!

The Admin is the local admin account. Sounds like you do not know the password. Does one of your team memebers know the local admin password? I would also look at the Floppy you were using, maybe the password is embedded in an .ini file?

No, it was only me setting it up two years ago, with only the DVD, no floppy. But, MS did have a document that tells you how to install W2K3 Storage Edition in NAS Systems (ID 555211), and it shows the HP NAS devices as having a password of hpinvent. So I am waiting to see how this Quick Restore runs through the setup (if there is any place where it asks for a password, and if it doesn't get one, it will time out), but after setup I will try that password...We'll see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back