Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Outlook 2003 Fonts Change when Emailing from Word 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdegeorge

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi

My default font in Outlook 2003 is TAHOMA. But when I email a document as an email attachment through Word 2003, the email font changes to COURIER and my auto signature doesn't show.

In Outlook I have Outlook selected as my email editor not Word, because I have an html autosignature. But, before you say, "That's why it's not working" please note that on my last job's computer Outlook 2003 was the editor and the Outlook fonts were preserved when sending email attachments from Word 2003.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Well Courier is the defulat font when Plain Text has been selected in Options for emails. So this would suggest that you need to check in Tools, Options and see what format is selected and what default font has been set for the format.

Regards: tf1

Hi, tf1

Under TOOLS>>OPTIONS>>MAIL FORMAT>>FONTS I have Tahoma 10pt selected for New Mail and Replying/Forwarding and Courier New for PLAIN TEXT, as you're suggesting might have been the case.

If I have a document open in Word and I click on FORWARD AS ATTACHMENT, that's a NEW email and therefore should be using the Tahoma font, not Courier New.

I'm at this new job only 1 month, but I recall distincly that at my old job, with the same XP PRO OS MS Office 2003 package that forwarding as attachment from Word used the correct font in the email.

Do you or anyone else know how to configure the font coming out of Word or how to tell Word to use the New Email format?

Thanks!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Hi Jim

This would be correct for new and forwarded emails as long as under the same Tab, the option for sending emails is set to HTML or Rich Text and not Plain Text.

Presuming that you have got HTML selected, I am wondering if there is a group policy enforcing plain text. Have you asked the IT department?

tf

tf1

I do have my email preferences set to HTML because I have an animated HTML autosignature.

I haven't asked IT yet because I was hoping it was user-configurable because it's not consistent across all Office products.

Word, Project and Excel convert to Plain Text, while PowerPoint, Visio and Publisher use the Reply/Forward rules. Either it's configurable on the user side or if IT has done something they're being inconsistent.

I'm at a loss.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Well it seems that you have made the correct settings - so it is a good bet that it is a policy enforcemetn or your profile is corrupt.

Thanks for your time and suggestions, tf1. Enjoy the star.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back