Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default off-hook line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehobbs

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2002
US
What's the proper way to cause a key other than key 0 to be the default key selected for dial tone when the handset is picked up? I'm sure I've done that before but I just can't remember how.

Thanks everyone.

Ed

I should add that I'm talking about a Option 61c system with 2616 phones.

Ed

Add CLS OLA - Outgoing Line Preference Allowed.
Then set LPK (Line Preference Key limit (last key scanned for Automatic Line Preference) equal to the highest DN key number you want to automatically select.

If you have more than one DN key you may also want to add CLS IRA - (Incoming Ringing Line Preference Allowed). This allows the user to pick up the handset to answer a call ringing on a key greater than 0 without pressing the DN key. It will automatically answer any DN key ringing up to the LPK value.

I find this useful when ACD is defined on key 0 and when a DN key is defined on a higher key.

Thanks for the quick response. I think that's the way I have this phone set up but when the user goes off-hook it still select the DN on key 0. Below is the phone:

DES X
TN 024 0 02 03
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 11
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NIA OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 1
LPK 2
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2978 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Home Health
XPLN 11
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2979 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Home Health
XPLN 11
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 2972 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Edie Williams
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 ADL 16
05 ADL 16
06 ADL 16
10 AO6
11 RNP
12 CFW 4 0
13 TRN
14 MWK 7000
DATE 13 JUL 2006

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ed

you will always get the lowest vacant key, even if key 0 is not marped.. your sets are programed as if they were a key system.. put the line on hold and tell someone to pickup line 2.. pretty common

key 0 scr 2972 (private line)
key 1 vacant
key 2 mcr 2979 (home health)
key 3 mcr 2979

if the user needs a second copy of 2972, make it mcr also, that makes lpk work right.. users don't like mcr until they get used to it, they have to use transfer or park, (pbx feature) but you save by not using did's as hunt targets.. and with 3 sets built with mcr's you can get 6 calls without a busy or voice mail.. some depts have 8 and 10 sets with 3 or 4 mcrs here, some of our phones never get msil or busy, code blue, heliport, security etc.. the limit of calls to a single mcr did is equal to the number of trunks.. that a little extreme.. if nothng else just rearrange your keys, make the personal line key 0

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the reply John.

You're correct. As a matter of fact these phones were installed recently as a replacement for a key system.

Actually lpk wouldn't really matter except that I'm trying to accomodate a receptionist that wants private voice mail, without having the two 'key' lines also forward to that mail box and also be able to forward those two lines to another number at night.

Our VM is a third party box that we forward to.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back