Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default MLM 007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2007
US
We have an old MLM 007 that we would like to default in order to delete all the old mailboxes, are unable to find my notes on this. Any help?

Thank You
(I bet I haven't connected to one of these com ports on the 007 in 8 years)

Kwing112000 I followed the link and got to step 3 but it will not let me enter the serial number or anything else for that matter as a password, any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. This is not on just one MLM007 but two that I am working on.

use only the last 6 digits of the serial number as password

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Here's the thing. The sticker on the 007MLM board may be incorrect. Someone may have swapped clamshells, put the wrong sticker on a refurb board...who knows? It's happened to me more than once. Occasionally you will find that the sticker has been removed altogether.

Of course, you can open the clamshell and look at the serial number on the hard disc itself, which should be accurate. However, there is a way to re-serialize the drive, so even THAT number may be incorrect.

If you'll send me an email, I'll share with you another way to get past all that. It will reset everything to factory defaults AND you don't even need to know a password or serial number to make it happen.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back