Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Mail Merge to Word 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

jweisman

Technical User
May 1, 2002
US
I have a computer with Windows 2000, Office 2000, and Office 97. We have an access 97 database that performs a mail merge to MS Word. Prior to getting Windows 2000, the mail merge would open whatever version of Word that was last opened. However, since installing windows 2000, MS Word 2000 always opens. This causes a problem because Word 2000 looks for Access 2000 to do the mail merge. Most of the users of this database only have Windows NT and Office 97, so this is not a problem for them, only me. How do I get Word 97 to open as a default? The following is the code that I use to perform the mail merge:

Dim objWord As Word.Document
Set objWord = GetObject("Q:\90 REG\90 EMS\MMS\Databases\USTPage1.doc", "Word.Document")
objWord.Application.Visible = True
objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _
Name:="Q:\90 REG\90 EMS\MMS\Databases\AST UST.mdb", _
LinktoSource:=True, _
Connection:="QUERY qryUSTReportPage1", _
SQLStatement:="Select * from [qryUSTReportPage1]"
objWord.MailMerge.Execute

Thanks,

Jeff

Try checking the references in the database, You may have to change the reference to word to the older version.

I can't try this because my PC is not set up the same as yours.

Hope it helps

Phil

The reference is still set to the Word 8.0 object library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back