Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJK

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2005
US
How do I set up a default form in Access? That is, when a user opens the .MDB file I want a form to automatically open at that moment.

Too easy mate.

Start your db, bring up the database window (the one that shows tables, forms, etc). Click on Tools, Startup. In the dialog notice the field "display form/page"

If you need to do any funky stuff as well as open the form search for help on "autoexec macros" or buzz me back.

Laterz, JB

How do you do this in Access 2007? I've looked EVERYWHERE! *sigh*

g'day barbola,

how about creating a macro which simply does an openform action. Name the macro Autoexec and it will run each time you start the database :)

I actually use this method myself as you can also run other start up procedure from the same macro.

JB

Barbola,

In Access 2007 click the office button in the top left of the screen.

Then click "Access Options" at the bottom of that window.

Then click "Current Database" on the left-hand column.

Then just a little ways down in the info. displayed on the right there is "Display Form:" section with a populated combobox of all your forms in the current datbase. Select the one you want and... that's it!

:0)

~Rob

If we expect the unexpected, does that make the unexpected... well, expected?

I spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to undo a form that would open up automatcally. This thread was very helpful. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back