Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default folder windows size

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorenzodv

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
IT
Is there a registry key or .ini file to set a custom size for new folder windows? By default, it is full screen, and it is very annoting to have to resize them each time.

Thanks.

On my system if I open a folder then resize it to the size I like, then close it, then reopen it, it remembers the size I close at.

I know of no setting or reg entry that changes this behavior. If you found this helpful let us know by voting below.

rjkrash is right, once you open a window and resize it and then close the window it should be the same size it was last when you reopen it. The thing is you have to do this with all different windows, you have to do the Windows Explorer window once, then the IE window once.....but IE is flaky on this so you might find yourself doing this more than once.

Yes, it behaves the same for me. However, it eventually "forgots" the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back