Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Folder Locations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacho

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to change the default location PhotoShop looks at when opening or saving a file? I have a user a support who keeps getting pointed to the applications/adobe/photoshop folder every time she's within the program and tries to open or save. I think I remember it being a preference, but have searched though all the preference windows and documentation to no avail.

I think that once you open files from a particular folder and save files to that folder, alot, Windows starts to remember, where to default to. But there could be something else, perhaps something in the registry???
[deejay]
Nate
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

I always thought that it was the last folder that you opened a file from or saved a file to. If, however, you delete the folder that you last opened from or saved to then it defaults to the program directory. That's how most stuff works anyway; I think that this is the registry key for it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0\VisitedDirs\STARTUPIMAGEDIRECTORY

=)

PetitPal.

Bingo PetitPal,

That is the correct registry place for it, however if you modify the registry, when you choose open from inside Photoshop, it still defaults back to the last opened, or last saved to directory......hmmmmmmmmmm.

[deejay]
Nate
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

Did you modify the registry while photoshop was running, or did you modify it and then load photoshop? You might find that it loads the key at start-up. Failing that it might be looking at the key in a different section of the registry. (for example: HKEY_USERS\<user id>\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0\VisitedDirs)

=)

PetitPal

Actually, I just tried it out and it seems to pick the original key I metioned up when you hit File\Open. Even with Photoshop open if I change the registry setting, it changes the path when you open a file.

I'm on NT though (I know, but they won't buy me a mac), so that may alter how things work...

=)

PetitPal.

&quot;They&quot; may be doing you a favor! [ponder]

Zumie [peace]

please anybody help me i'm am having trouble with scanning images they scan perfectly but when i go to print them they come out with what looks like a green overlay on top how do i get rid of this green? it is not the cartridge because i have recently changed that. I have tried uninstalling the program but now they are asking me for the serial number and i have thrown away all my paper work. So if anybosy could help mw with my huge problem i would really appreciate it. Thankyou.

I would post this as a seperate question if I were you - more likely to get a response!

=)

PetitPal.

p.s. Try fidling with the print settings in Photoshop - it is probably one of these that is causing your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back