Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default Duplicate Record Suppresion option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diane55

Programmer
Dec 14, 2004
US
I have a SQL procedure that returns a record set that is passed to Crystal 9.0.

The record set from my procedure includes two records that appear to be duplicate, but are actually different. However, the defining element is not a part of the actual SQL record set; therefore it is not passed on through the procedure to my Crystal report. Subsequently, the second record does not appear in the report. I need the second record to appear. If I add the defining element into the SQL procedure the record appears in my report.

My Crystal report uses a suppression formula in the selection expert to suppress the header and detail areas when the group flag is = 1. There are no other suppression formulas created by me.

Is there a Default Duplicate Record Selection option in Crystal Reports that I am not aware of that automatically performs what appears to be a "select distinct" action? And, remove what appears to be duplicate records from the incomming record set? If so, how can I turn off this feature or program around it?

Thanks for any insight! Diana

I believe SQL by default will not output duplicate records. This is true when loading view tables. I don't know about about other situations. It sounds like you need include the defining element you mentioned in your sql record set.
MrBill

Have you made sure that "Select Distinct Records" is unchecked (toolbar->database->select distinct records)?

-LB

lbass That option on my toolbar is not availiable and is greyed out. Thanks - Do you know of any other options that I could control?
Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back