Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default download:

Status
Not open for further replies.

someTimeOnly

Technical User
Oct 12, 2003
PK
How to disable "explorer default downlaod". Im having DAP(download accelerated plus) installed on my system and i set it to be my default downloder. It works as a default downloader but sometimes "explorer default downlaod" appears to start downloading. And i noticed it's this behaviour for links like javascript:eek:penURL("view.wmv?fmt=dll");

Help me solve this.

Are there any extra preferences you can set in your Download Manager?

Sometimes they have default settings which are set to ignore certain sites like Microsoft.com.

There is this old link but I'm not sure it will help you much?

Internet Explorer Restriction "Always Prompt on Download"

Come on fellows, it shouldn't be a big deal for u. I've to download a lot more stuff but this situation gonna be very teasing.

linney, thanx for reply but still helpless.

Hi,
The Download method used by the host:

javascript:eek:penURL("view.wmv?fmt=dll");

is probably not 'triggering' your custom Download manager ( I have the same issue with GetRight)..I have not found any workaround for those sites that use a redirect method to start a download..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Have you contacted the Support people for the program concerned, if it is is a common happening they may already know a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back