Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Default a version 3 Hipath 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomsal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2012
US
I have a version 3 Hi path 4000 that is being retired. The customer has requested that all the customer station and Trunking be removed. They would like to have the entire system wiped clean. Its been suggested that we just remove the hard drive and destroy it, Job Done. But the customer is requesting to have all the software deleted from the system. Is there an easy way to complete this task. Otherwise I see many hours of deleting in the future. If you have a solution. Please if you have a solution, provide details to accomplish this. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Sal

CHANGE-DBC:RESSWUDB=Y;
Confirm that command if required
then Reload
EXE-REST:SYSTEM,RELOAD;
You will be presented with a blank database.
Any MO/TAPE/DAT/CF discs should be destroyed.

SBCSU, Thanks for the info. Is there anything that could go wrong with performing this procedure. It certainly makes sense to me. I have never heard of this command. I assume it will not prompt me for any additional information other than "Are you sure you want to complete this request" Again thanks for the help. I was dreading having to delete all the software by command line. Is there anything else I should know. Thanks again for the info.
Sal

It should go ok, I have used it but rarely. Nothing should go wrong with that.

If I made a mistake in setting up a system then I would have used it in the past.

There will of course be a default database there but no customer relevant information should exist.

And if there are any issues - let us know here

Thanks for the information. I also need to default an old Xressions server and remove all customer database information. Is Xpressions on you resume' as well? Looking for the easiest way to remove the customer information in the shortest way. Any suggestions. Thanks again for your assistance. I really do information you have already provided.
Sal

Not sure about the Xpressions Sal - maybe someone else on here would know.
It's more of a Computer thing I guess, maybe a large magnet over the hard disk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back