Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dees CM-10 Call monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyaaNort

Technical User
Feb 10, 2011
CA
Hi..anyone farmiliar with a Dees CM-10 call monitor programming, on a Mics 7.1 system. The CM-10 is connected to the system, but when you try to call monitor a line, by entering a COS password, then intercom 7, and then the number for the line i.e 11, I get a message Invalid number...there is no programming info on the CM manual,so seems we need to do some programming on the MICS, Thanks in advance for your relpies.

Hi..do we have no takers for this one?

If the display suggests Invalid Number then your issue is is with dialing 7 71 or 711...depends when you get the message.
i.e. if dialing 711 then it thinks your dialing ext/dn 711

Check to see that 7 is a valid Pool or Route #

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hi..Curly, a bit more info on this, the CM-10 was working with a CICS system before, and now it's on a MICS..Can you please expand
a bit more on how I would be able to setup the route for this, Thanks.

looks like the trunks are intercepted to monitor but I don't get how the set communicates with the dees,
i.e 7 would get you a trunk

The guide only shows connections to stations, is this device that smart it connects to any digital port (nortel, nec etc) out there?.
Seems very little info on their guide.

Technical Practice guide?
After so many practices do then get an Install Guide?

I know Dees to make good products but the instructions do not speak curlycord.

I could be out to left field though.

lol?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Your right about the instructions, none on the programming
Side...the dees is acting as a sniffer device, the
Co lines also get jumped to a bix for the dees, and I'm guessing
The PBX system is only allowing it access when Inercom 7, and the line
code is entered..also there are two pools for the lines A and B, can one route
Be used for both?

No sorry.
You would need to put the lines into 1 pool.

I get that the code is to choose a line, i dont get is how the Interom of 7 communicates to the Dees.
Is there something else wired up from Dees to KSU besides the trunks?

Example is you dial 7 and it grabs the bottom line of the pool say line 8, how is it a code moves you from line 8 to any other line?.
No way to look at the CICS programming?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The CICS is toast, so that's not going to help...I'm not sure how intercom 7 was programmed, maybe that's required from the Dees side for access..when you punch in your COS password, and then intercom 7, seems at that point the Dees is coming into play, and when you type in the combination i.e 11 (1+1) for line 2, it will at that point select that line and let the user listen in on the conversation...there is nothing else wired to the trunks, other then the Dees module and power..

Dialing 7 probably accessed a trunk which was the T&R of the observation pair of the Dees unit which is in a trunk group by itself.
All the lines are also tied down on the Dees unit and the selection is made in there.

Bob, you seem to have the right idea on the functionality of the Dees (dialing intercom 7, did acces a trunk) but the programming seems to be the confusing part, and Dees seems to have done a fine job on not providing any instructions on this.

The observation pair of the Dees unit ties down as a trunk on the Ksu . By dialing 7 you would access this trunk and be tied into the Dees. All the CO lines that you want to monitor are on the KSU and also tied parallel to the Dees unit. You have codes to move around in the Dees unit. I worked on these about 20 years ago. Theres an 800 number on the pdf Iam sure they could help,

Thanks Bob
They were/are closed Fridays
I secretly did one as well about same time but my RAM is only 4 megs.

Only programming required is to program a route with dest code or just simple pool with access code on the KSU.

Example if you had 6 lines:
Put observation pair (line 7) into pool C
Make access code C = 7
Allow only supervisor/s access to pool C

or Route method:
Put lines into a pool, lets say A
Go to Routes/000 and tell it to use Pool A
Got Dest codes, enter 7 and tell it to use Route 000

The COS method is:
Restrict line 7 from any digits
Create COS user/slot 00 and password
Tell the user/slot 00 to use filter 02 (not restricted).

You can borrow line 6 and terminate to line 7 to make sure your programming (dialing 7) and that the trunk works (you hear dial tone).

What pair and line number are you using? you sure its correct pin out? amp cable ok?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I had tried to contact Dees on Friday, but there working hours are only Monday to Thursday, while I'm here sometimes working on a weekend, lol.

Thanks Curly and BOb for your detailed comments..
should be able to get it going, and will need to give supervisor access to the sets that need monitoring, will verify connections again when on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back