Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deep Traversal ExOLEDB Search Requires Administrator Permissions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenanbr

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
IE
I get Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider For Exchange (0x80550023) Submitted SQL statement was incomplete. When I attempt a deep traversal of the exchange database. Searching microsoft, I found this known issue

The solution is

1. Stop the Web store.
2. Set the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\[MACHINE]\Public-[mdbGUID]\Database Security Descriptor
To override the defaults, create a self-relative security descriptor that contains the discretionary access control list (DACL) you want as the default. Transfer the entire buffer that holds the SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure to the REG_BINARY value for this registry key.

NOTE: This security descriptor should not be in Exchange Server transfer encoded format. The security descriptor should be a standard Microsoft Windows NT security descriptor.
3. Restart the Web store.

I don't understand the solution. Can anyone help.

Regards,

Exactly WHAT don't you understand?
You follow the steps, that's all.
See also

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Do you know how to use regedit, or is that the problem?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

Hi, I know how to use regedit but i do not understand

Set the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\[MACHINE]\Public-[mdbGUID]\Database Security Descriptor
To override the defaults, create a self-relative security descriptor that contains the discretionary access control list (DACL) you want as the default. Transfer the entire buffer that holds the SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure to the REG_BINARY value for this registry key.

Thanks for the links. No intention of doing this myself but want to know what's going on.

Ok, good luck

Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back