Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT with IPOffice 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

sousouabcd

Technical User
Feb 25, 2007
MA
Hi, i have an IP DECT INDOOR BASE STATION RFP32 with IP Office 406 and terminals 3701, i don't khnow how to access to the base station to put the licence key, if by web what is the IP adress?? and what i must configure to make all function.
Please if any body khow all steps i must do please help me?

NB:I have a red led in the base station!!!!!!!

Thanks a looooooooooooooots,

i read it but i can't access to the base station to put the licence??? if you khnow please help. Thanks

First of all you need a PC with IE Explorer 6, Java Runtime Engine and Avaya Manager installed.
Further more you need the Avaya Admin CD.

Start the AVAYA Manager software and minimise it.

On the Admin CD there is a folder named "IP DECT"
Copy the file *.tftp from this folder to the folder were the Avaya Manager is installed. There is also a file wich is called ADM Manager.jar or something like that, double click it.

If all is well then the app is starting and you must fill the MAC address of the basestation, enable local config, put in a IP Address for the base station, the IP Address of the IP Office, a IP Address of the tftp server ( the PC running Avaya Manager), subnetmask and maybe more. Send this information to the basestation. READ THE MANUAL!

If all goes well then the basestation will load the *.tftp file and finally the LED will become green, blinking or not it does not matter.
Now you can access the basestation with Internet Explorer, just type the ipaddress of the basestation, username = craft and password = crftpw.

This is only the beginning and you should really go on with the manuals as it is beyond this forum to train people how to install stuff like this.

Ok now all work, the problem was in the Java, the one i was installed doesn't work.
Thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back