Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT R4 Frequency Issue and Time Updates Not Syncing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTechnical

Programmer
Aug 7, 2008
US
So I have had this issue recently and just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue.

IP Office 8.0.44
DECT Master W/13 Slaves (Not Compacts)
Voice mail Pro is the time server
Running Provisioning Mode

Frequency Issue
When rebooting the master base station the frequency of the master changes to Europe. I'm in the US and this causes the phones to not subscribe. You can get them to subscribe but you have to factory default the handsets. Anyone seen a way to get this issue resolved because leaving it in Europe I have had some weird issues (Expected) but I cannot get the master to stay in north america.

Time Issue
On the time issue all of the slaves I have went and manually set to Central Time US but the master is grayed out and it is set to European time. It shows that the IP address it is looking at for time is the IP Office.

Just curious if anyone has had these same issues. Thanks

Turn of provisioning as this causes idiot issues.
Then reregister the phones and then it will keep working all the time.
Provisioning also has the nasty habbit to change the trunk from 20ms to 60ms while 20ms is normal on G.711

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I haven't tried this yet, However this is what Avaya has sent me to correct the issue. I will re-post if this fixes the issue so you can keep provisioning on.

Under the No User Profile
Go to Source Numbers and enter this
ipbs_fr_na

It's supposed to keep the Master from changing back to Europe.

Also try to place the MASTER Base station in the middle of all slaves.
This way the air synch has less hops.

The NTP server needs to be set in all BS, the IPO can act as a NTP.

Also make sure you're using FW 5.0.9 or 5.0.11 in all units.
Lower than those versions can cause some issues.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Ok,
So I entered in the No User Source Number (Shown Above) and took the Master out of provisioning. Then I changed the NTP setting to CST while it was out of provisioning and put the Master back into provisioning mode.
This has fixed the time issue and the No User entry has fixed the Frequency setting so that it cannot revert back to Europe. I reset the Master many many times and all settings remained intact in provisioning mode.
Hope this helps someone in the future.

BTW all my 3725's are at 3.3.11 and Base Stations are at 5.0.11

Good post.. This resolved my issue with the base stations

Thanks

It's only dialtone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back