Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dect phone hand over problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedp

Technical User
Jan 25, 2007
SD
Hi,
we are using mx one sp7 version,we are facing problem like when user move to one location to another location the dect phone hand set does not hand over to new location.

it holding the singal frm (Weak Signal)last base station but it does not get signal frm nearest one. if some one know how to solve this problem highly appriciated

thanks

It’s new installation?
Any alarm in log?

Base station are connected to this same board?

Check synchronization

----------------------------------
If anything can go wrong, it will.

(Murphy's Law)

hi rfpui,

it is upgraded frm Mx one Sp5 to SP7.there is no alarm.

We have 3 lim system, basestations connected all lims.

the problem is between lims base station . it holding the singal frm ( Lim1 base station Weak Signal)but it does not get signal frm nearest one means base station connected to lim3 or 2.

Thanks

Can You send printout of CXCFP :FPI=all;

(Murphy's Law)

Hi rfpui

<CXCFP :FPI=ALL;
CORDLESS EXTENSION COMMON FIXED PART DATA
SARI = 1004053A

FPI BPOS PARI RFP TRM DELAY SYNCH ROLE SYNCH INFO MODE ACDM COMP
1 001-0-40 10040F9E 3 0 0 RING MASTER 01111 NORM NO 0
2 002-0-40 10040F9A 5 0 0 RING MASTER 01111 NORM NO 0
3 003-0-40 10040F9B 2 0 0 RING MASTER 01111 NORM NO 0
END

I have not time jet, but for me it looks that is problem with synchronization cable between boards. Have You Alex?
Check cables between boards !!!!!
It’s abnormally situation that all boards are RING MASTER

(Murphy's Law)

Hi rfpui

I will check it
Thanks

if all boards are ringmaster, you don't have sync ring installed. You must have cabling between all ELU31 boards.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi daddy/rfpui

the sync cable is connected all the boards but not like loop one to one. because lims are connected by microwave just 300mtrs away.

thanks

With this configuration you will not get handover between boards. Fix the sync cable and the phone will do correct handover.

yes yes

If do have any solution will be appreciated

Syedp,

Just see the upper connector of ELU31 where you sync your LIM 1 ELU board, the upper connector A3 is TX and A4 is RX.
Now make a ring and connect TX of LIM 1 to RX of LIM2, then TX of LIM 2 to RX of LIM 3, then TX of LIM 3 to RX of LIM1,( if lim are far use krone block to connect TX &RX ) now you will see one lim will be master and rest will be member,
cxcfp:fpi=all;
hope you understand, if any doubt write back and happy to help.

Hi Diwang,

Thanks for your reply.But Our Lim1 ,Lim2 and lim3 are connected by Microwave Link .I can'T CONNECT sync cable as you mentioned.The Situation is Lim1 base stn is in tower when i move from Lim1 to Lim2 my dect phone holding the signal from lim1 base stn as it is showing very low signal.but it does not receive the signal frm lim2 base stn as the signals is strong untill i switch off and ON my dect phone.when i switch off my dect and on again it get signal from LIm2 base stn.

Thnaks

Syedp,

That's how it works. As long as you don't have the sync cable between the boards, you will have no handover, just roaming.

syedp,

You really need the sync cable to make handover work.
But maybe there is another solution. That would involve repeater basestations (BS370) and having them all on one lim (so you won't have handover issues). But this solution is capacity limited, so it depends on your site/situation/needs.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back