Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dect Manager & SW upgrade.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokoM1

Technical User
Oct 20, 2003
SE
Does anybody know how to upgrade DMC4 with Dect Manager 2.2.2 ?
And also where that program stores backup ?

Firmware upgrade for Dect Manager
in system window, in mode "Ready[Disconnected] go to
Boards window and in menu "Boards" is choise
"Upload Firmware" and then just sellect the right file and click to "Open"

Backup files are stored in "Nortel Networks\Data Files\DECT-Management" (for 90%).

It shows me upload window but nothing happens. Do you have any idea on how to solve that problem.
What has to be done with DMC card from Meridian point of view (should it be in disabled state or smth.)?

No:(((((
I heard that local connection could be established only by means of special "modem eliminator" that i don't have. I have one for M1 but not for Dect. Didn't find pinouts as well:((((

I am connected by means of two modems under the same Meridian:)

For Firmware Upload you have to be on site, with serial connection to the DMC4 Card.
You can use the Modem Eliminator(for M1)+Serial Cable to make a connection to the DMC4.
If the standard procedure for upload after this is not working you can try the following steps:
-perform Backup on DMC4 Board
-disconnect from DMC4 and close DECT Manager
-start Hyperterminal or other soft for serial connection
-set parm. to 19200,8,n,1
-dissable and remove the DMC4 from M1
-start Upload new Firmware file with Zmodem protokol
-insert the DMC4 back and Upload have to start automaticly
-after the Upload finish connect to the DMC4 with DECT

Thank you for very useful procedure!! But my Dect manager doesn't work via M1 Modem Eliminator. May be you have special cable after that... I tried different cables (straight, cross...) together with M1 eliminator but unable to connect to DMC locally at all:(((
BTW Whats the right eliminator part number? Or may be you know where i can find pinouts for that so i could make it with soldering iron:)

For DMC i receive Modem Adaptor AO773252PT
But it also go with Modem Eliminator A0601397

DMC and DB9 connector(female) cable

DMC - DB9
T1 - 7,8
R2 - 4
T3 - 2
R3 - 3
T4 - 7

Amphenol pin number
T1/R1 26/1 White/Blue Blue/White
T2/R2 27/2 White/Orange Orange/White
T3/R3 28/3 White/Green Green/White
T4/R4 29/4 White/Brown Brown/White

Wow! Thank you so much! I did it both modem eliminator & software upgrade. Thanks once again your help was vital:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back