Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DECT 4 Provisioning Mode Can't Be Changed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
IPO v10. We have a customer using 3730s and DECT 4, but the previous vendor set the system up in Provisioning mode, and from the Services tab we can't change it out of Provisioning mode - all you can see is a screen with "Primary". I researched the issue and found a thread here that says to change browsers, but since the TLS change the only browser I can access the base stations in are IE and Edge in IE Mode. Both of those show only the "Primary" screen on Services.

Does anyone know how to get change either that screen so I can see the other options or how to add TLS 1.0 to Chrome or Firefox?

I figured it out the solution, and it WAS a browser issue like the other thread mentioned. I was able to use Firefox to see the proper screen, and here's how I changed it to add TLS 1.0:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste TLS and pause while the list is filtered

(3) If the security.tls.version.max preference is bolded and "user set" to a value other than 3, right-click > Reset the preference to restore the default value of 3

(4) If the security.tls.version.min preference is bolded and "user set" to a value other than 1, right-click > Reset the preference to restore the default value of 1

The values for these preferences mean:

1 => TLS 1.0
2 => TLS 1.1
3 => TLS 1.2

Once I changed step (4) above to 1, I logged back into the Master base station and can now see all the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back