Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

decrease capture buffer on DSSPro ver 4.10.48 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2001
US
I keep getting a error message to decrease my capture buffer everytime I start a new capture. Default is 8mb, than to 4mb, then 2 mb all the way to 256kb.
That is where I am now but it won't go lower.
I tried resetting the and dumping all old captures but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas ??
X-)
Thx

BM

Hi BM,
This is a know problem with Distributed Sniffers. This problem is caused by a faulty counter, which incorrectly determines the largest amount of memory that can be allocated to capture buffer. The counter resides in the SRMON.DLL file.
There is now a patch to solve this problem, which involves replacing the SRMON.dll file. If you add your email address I'll forward it to you, or alternatively speak to Sniffer Support.
Yours,Alf

Alf,
Thanks for the tip.
A buddy sent it to me last night and all is well.
Thanks anyway.

BM

Hi,

If anyone needs this patch, just send an email to your local Sniffer Support group at NAI, and they will send it to you.

Regards,

AZ

I would also like this patch. Can someone send it to me?

Thanks!

Thankfully NAI have resolved this issue in the new release of Sniffer Distributed (v4.2). The bad new news is that the problem still remains if you do a "remote update" of the agents. The only way to resolve the "Buffer size" issue now is to manually re-install the agent software, or re-image the unit. A patch would be nice, to save this inconvience and time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back