Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decompiling .class files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujitopics

Programmer
Oct 9, 2001
KR
Hai Friends

Java Class files can be easily Decompiled using the decompiles like JAD etc.,

Is there anyway to restrict decompiling .class files.

I want to restrict my java code. ie., other should not decompile my class files.

Is there any solution to restrict decompiling..at anyof the way. ??

pl tell me.

Thanks in advance

Yours
Suji

You can Obfuscate your code, there are several encryption softwares available in the market. What obfuscation does is to rename your classes, functions and packages in meaningless junk like a, b,c etc.

You can Obfuscate your code, there are several encryption softwares available in the market. What obfuscation does is to rename your classes, functions and packages in meaningless ones like a, b,c etc.

Hai,
Thankyou VeryMuch
I searched for "Java obfuscator", then i tried with ZKM Obfuscator
It is working fine.
But we got another problem
In my Package[10 class files], i have to obfuscate only some files[4 files]. the remaining class files should be same[6 class files should be same].

But I cannot able to obfuscate only 4 files in that package.
When i obfuscate the 4 files ....all the variables in those files converting. then the remaining 6 files cannot communicate with the remaining 4 files.

Is there any way to convert only some files....

Thanks in advance
Yours
Suji

Obfuscation is a joke. Simply run the app from an ide
and insert breakpoints. If the code is obfuscated it's
still easy to step through the code and reengineer the
app to your hearts content. The only real solution I've
seen is encrypting class files and then writting a small
starter app with a custom class loader that decrypts the
classes and loads them at runtime. Provided you check to
see that the starter app hasn't been tampered with it's
pretty secure.

Are you trying to keep people from downloading CLASS files off a website and decompiling them to get code? Or are you trying to keep people at the company you work for from tampering with your code?

If it's the second, then create a folder, then create one inside it, and one inside it, and so on. Then put passwords on them. It will keep people out for a while. It's hard to remember all those passwords, but you can keep them on a printout in you wallet or something like that. "and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon." --Pink Floyd: Eclipse

"I'm going to spend eternity
reinstalling Windows." --Reinstalling Windows: by some British guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back