Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decompile Visual FOXPRO 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaycroft

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
Can anyone decompile an EXE for me. I have taken over some VFP programming for a small ministry and the programmer old programmer has passed away with cancer. We have not been able to find up to date source code.

I do not want to purchase REFOX for this one EXE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Was this program written just for this user, or were they just one of many users? What kind of contract did the programmer have with the ministry? Did it include rights to the source code? Without having answers to the potential legal ramifications, anyone helping might place themselves in the middle of a lawsuit by the programmer's estate.
I'd be happy to try it if you can provide a release that protects me from any current or future litigation.

Note: Knowing what version of FoxPro was used to build it, may also be critical.

Rick

OOPs, forget the Note: - I read the message and skipped the Thread header, maybe I should go home!

Rick

The software was written free of charge for a small ministry. We are trying to contact the family now to see if the source code is available. We are afraid the computer has long been formatted and changed hands by now.

I have a copy of the source code .. but it is a year old and does not match the exe any more.

If all else fails I will just take the code i have and modify it up to the current features.

Since it was software that was not contracted or no money exchanged I did not think of the legal aspects. It was just a program between friends for a good cause.

Thanks

Well ZIP the .EXE then and send it to me at the following "fixed" e-mail address - you should be able to figure out the real one (hint #1 kill tthe NOSPAM part!).
rgbean AT NOSPAMmelange-inc DOT com.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back