Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decommisioning MGC for empty cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzybnme2

MIS
Mar 1, 2011
US
Hello all,

We have been in the process of combining Opt. 11c remote carrier sites [ thus removing a few T1's] and converting the majority of the rest to VoIP.

I now have 2 empty Opt. 11 cabinets with only a MGC. Can anyone assit with instructions on how I would be able to decommision those media gateway cards.

How do I know if virtual TN's exist on those cards so that I can determine what may be needed and what isn't needed?

I would really love to get rid of the two empty cabinets but want to make sure that I go about it properly.

I have a CS1000e R7.5

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh man!

Of course there is a TMDI Card that I forgot to mention.

Additional info:
I have 4 cabinets

0-0 has MGC and TMDI

0-1 won't change has TDM site associated with it

4-0 has MGC only

4-4 won't change contains CS SS CP

Do a TNB on those loops you want to get rid of and see whats programmed on them. After that's it's a simple process of removing the IPMG information in LD 97.

I think I have it all figured out.

I am moving the TDM phones to the first cabinet [much easier than moving the TMDI Card!]

Then I can move any virtual TNs from the MGC and delete them.

Easy cabinet removal after that - Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back