Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decoding Aloha's TRANS.LOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaughlin

Programmer
Dec 29, 2014
US
thread693-1701321

Hello everyone,

I've referenced a previous thread, where user hellbender3069 started to decode Aloha's TRANS.LOG file. I'm attempting to interpret other actions in the log file, and I'm wondering how hellbender3069 figured out how to interpret the binary data. Has anyone else done this, or is there a way to figure out all the chunks of data in a binary stream? Or is it simply trial and error?

I'd ask hellbender3069 myself but I don't believe this forum has a system for PM'ing other users (sorry, new here)...

Thanks!

Loving this idea if anyone else is interested. I'm going to translate hellbender3069 php to C#. Please let me know if anyone has/wants more info

I use support ready tools which decodes the Trans.logs into readable text files and can dummy out or even cut/merge trans.logs.

@kantor84, doesn't support ready tools require a license

Yes it does. It actually requires a key similar to aloha. Most resellers have that key I was unsure how close to you reseller you were or the situation behind why you needed a unencrypted trans.log. I do know that Fcut works if you want to play guess the offset in trying to fix a broken log. If your just trying to pull info out of it ya hacking it or support ready tools. I am no programmer but I am looking at hellbender3069 code as well so far Ive killed 2 virtual machines lol.

Sorry guys I was out on vacation for the last week (scotch and golf i'll let you guess where [dazed] ). I have a basic translation from the php to C# that, with my background, should make it a hell of a lot easy for me to make sense of the code. Anyone that wants to help, with or without a programming background, I have a couple of ideas about working with the community to help improve our knowledge of the translog file. Give me a couple of days and I will up a basic application with source that should help you submit feedback for missing transaction types.

The goal for me is data mining, log repair, integration with third party systems. I don't like the idea of data obscurity and or obfuscation.
I have setup a complete lab environment with an aloha server and terminal. I don't have access to support ready tools / Log Viewer so it would be a lot of help if I could work with someone that did to help decipher some of the unknown actionID items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back