Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decline Call on MiCollab V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickyPC

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2005
GB
I'm using a Mitel 3300 on Release level: 8.0 SP3 PR2.

On my Windows 10 latest version desktop, I have MiCollab client version 8.1.135 and the 8.1.1.108 server version running in the background.

Under my User record in MiCollab server, I have a softphone (accessed from the MiCollab Client) and a deskphone (Mitel 5312).

My calls are set to route using First alternatives between my softphone (my primary telephone number) and on no answer or busy, bounce to voicemail (NuPoint).

My status in MiCollab is set to send to Voicemail on 'When I am on the phone' and 'If I do not answer'.

If I let a incoming call ring and don't answer it, it goes to straight to voicemail, great, that's what I want.

However, if I click 'Decline' on the MiCollab Client when it is ringing my softphone, it starts ring my deskphone!

I cannot find anywhere to control the behaviour of the Decline button. There is nothing in any call routing to say 'jump to deskphone'.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Richard

In micollab under the status ,try changing when on the phone and if i do not answer to use pabx default

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

are the softphone and deskphone MDU users ?
in the status what do you have under send my calls to

On mine my deskphone is the promary , my SIP STATUS has send calls to softphone

when i hit decline calls are going to vmail as expected

we have smae micollab but are running version 9 MIVB

Thank you for the reply. I just tried 'Use PBX Default' on 'When I am on the phone' and 'If I do not answer'. Same result, clicking Decline on the softphone causes it to transfer to the desk phone.

The end result I want is two statuses: 'Use Softphone' and 'Use Deskphone'

If my primary softphone is broken due to PC being offline or the headset has died, then I would switch to my 'Use Deskphone' status, otherwise I would use my default of 'Use Softphone'. The reason why the Decline button is so important to me is that I receive a ridiculous amount of sales calls and I don't want to sit listening till the phone times out for them to get my voice which basically tells them to e-mail by sales enquiry email and leave me the hell alone!

Got an answer from our support people:

The decline button isn’t in affect as a genuine decline but more of a call forward, it takes this from the call forwarding profile on the MIVB regardless of if it is actually enabled. Your softphone had call forwards which were switched off to go to your deskphone, with these still programmed but not enabled the system was still forwarding it to this when decline was hit.

Since removing them the system forwards the decline button to your first alternative.

ah nice one , its the same as the Forward softkey on a 5320 5330 5340 - will forward the call to the last set fwd all destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back