Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decision Stream - copying a Job stream definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

donafran

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
US
Hi!
We are having a problem with a particular Decision Stream jobstream in our test environment (its own physical machine).

I am getting a RUNDSNODE memory error. Seems to finish the Fact build and fail in the job_pst step.

Upon analysis and comparison to the Production system, there are a couple of "node" missing from this job stream definition in Test. We are in the middle of testing a MAJOR enhancement to our process. I cannot, at this point, backup/restore thye entire production DS catalog due to the extensive changes already applied to other job streams.

QUESTION: Is there a way to save/copy/backup/duplicate ONE jobstream definition in one Decision Stream catalog (it contains 12) ??? Of course, if this IS possible, I would also appreciate advice on how to APPLY this one DS object to the Test catalog.

Thanks!
I am DESPARATE !!
-Dona

Hi Dona,

You can copy a particular job stream (out of many that you have) to another catalog. Try create package option from the file menu and select a particular job stream that you want to copy. However Decision stream will create a package of all the related catalog components. e.g. If the job stream that you want to copy contains another job stream, then the another job stream also will be included in the package. This is to ensure the consistency of the package.

After you create this catalog, go to another catalog and select import package.

Hope this helps

Vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back