Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decimal places appearing on different machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottWood

Technical User
May 31, 2001
GB
Ive got a problem where, decimal places are appearing on reports when other people are running them. Ive checked the reports on my machine and they are fine, but as soon as they open the report up, and look at it, the decimal places are back. If i make changes to the decimal places on there machine, then from then on all is fine. Is this a known issue or something a bit wierd?

Thanks for any help,

-Scott

In Crystal 8.5, you can set default values for decimals etc. Probably these are set differently on different machines.

Look under [Files] for [Options] and then [Fields]. Do this on your machine and note the values, then bring the other machines into line.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Hi,

Ive already gone through this, and set the machines to match mine, but to no avail.

How are the fields formatted i.e. are they formatted as numbers with the correctnumber of decimal places or are they formatted as General or Text ?

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back