Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Decimal places and number to string conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shope

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
CA
I am trying to create pie charts in impromptu. Since I can only put one label on each piece of the pie I have formulated a calculation field that provides most of the information I need. it kinda looks like this

'Project Name (5 hours) 2%' <- on the report

The formula is Project_Name + ' (' + number-to-string(total(hours) for Project Name)) + ' ' + number-to-string(total(hours) for Project Name) / total(hours) for report * 100) + '%'

The problem is that the number-to-string truncates the decimal value and I need it, and I cannot find any other function to do this. Is there another function or method I could use to get this data in the format I need?

BTW, I am new to imp and find the documentation CRAP, the examples don't even work. (I think we made a bad choice in imp)

Sorry to hear you're having some bad experinces with Imp. We think it's a good tool, mind you, we have done the training.

Try the 'char' function

I'm glad you guys like the tool, I am hoping to eventually, but does anyone know how to help me with this problem?

Its funny about the documentation, I actually called cognos about it and the director of documentation was very interested in improving it. Definately shows the company is interested in customer relations! Kudos to them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back