Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

debugging problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli20

Programmer
Oct 30, 2003
MX
hi, i have an ASP.net application, in a windows xp pro computer, im trying to configure the debugger so it works when i click f5 from visual studio .net (2003), but when i do i get an error saying:

"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions to debug the server. Verify that you are a member of the 'Debugger users' group on the web server"

my user is an administrator in the computer, and ive also added it to the debugger users.

If i try to debug ataching the process manually it works fine.

does anybody know how can i fix the problem?

thank you very much

Eli

at iis -
server -
websites -> RICH CLICK -> PROPERTIES
Is Anonymus Access checked? if not check it, That being said all check if the VSDEveloper account on your machine has premission to you inetpub - folder.

the Anonymus accounts necessary for running aspdebugger normal takes the name IUSR_computername it is a guest account, if you have guest accoutn disable on your machine that may be the cause as well.

thats the best help i can offer

thank you, ill try it and let you know

Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back