Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging Core under AIX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTyler

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
GB
The idebug tool for AIX can theoretically access a core dump file and provide useful information.

What I cannot find is a a method of relating the information given back to a cobol source line.

Does anyone know of any documentation to help in this area?

Thanks in advance

Brian

You need to compile the program with a p-map. I don't know what the option is called these days, but it shows the generated assembly code for each verb in the source program with its address. The same or another option generates a listing of the addresses of the items in the Data Division. Then you have a chance. I hope this type of information is still available. Whis this information, I was able to halt an IBM-370, modify the active program code in memory, and cause the program to exit gracefully when the computer was restarted. (DOD wanted to take over the computer and the program was business-critical, had been running for many hours, and was expected to run for many more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back