Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debugging BizTalk 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaJ

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
US
Has anyone come up with any way of debugging in BizTalk 2002? I need to be able to see intermediate values on a very complicated map. Notice I didn't ask for an easy way. ANY way that has worked for you would be appreciated.

That's always been a problem for me too, Paula. I'd try something like creating a functoid that writes name/value pairs out to a text file, and call that puppy from every point on the map that needs inspection.

Good luck!

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'm not as think as you confused I am.
-----------
Flabbergasted (a.): Amazed at how much weight one has gained.
-----------
Oyster (n.): One who sprinkles their conversation with Yiddish expressions.

I tried that too. BizTalk is so picky about what types of fields it will convert that I didn't get much accomplished. Also, anytime you put in a series of functoids, it really gets confused. The error messages are soooo descriptive. We've pretty much been left to figure it out on our own. Thanks for the feedback.

Are your functoids self-contained, or are they calls to external functions? How many functoids are strung between the source field and the output field? We have a map which resembles an LSD-inspired spiderweb, but it works just fine. I'm just wondering how complicated your map is.

Agree about the error messages.

Phil Hegedusich
IIMAK
-----------
-----------
-----------

We are using the HIPAA Accelerator which in and of itself constitutes a complicated map. It is also the result of hiring a contractor who started the map, someone here taking over and attempting to finish it, then it came to me. All of us are programmers, but doing BizTalk for the first time. There are 6-8 Public type functoids that get called for the Number formats and accumulation situations, but mostly we string functoids together to determine if a value exists in one of two inbound values, the value is then formatted and moved to one outbound value. So I guess we do a little bit of both techniques.

I commiserate. I have BT2006 in a VM for testing, and am ready to bite the upgrade bullet. Nothing like rewriting your entire EDI architecture from scratch. Yeesh.

Phil Hegedusich
IIMAK
-----------
-----------
-----------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back