Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

debugging a dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeGrammar

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
CA
Hey guys(and the odd girl)

I'm trying to debug my application and I want to trace what is called in my dll. The problem is the debugger will not trace the dll, is there a way to do this? Or does anyone know of a good debugger for Windows?

If your debug version of your application is using the debug version of your dll, you should be able to set breakpoint directly in the sources of your dll, or to trace code from your application.
You could also avoid to use to debug version of your application, tracing anyway your dll code by setting in the visual studio debug settings the application that will use that dll. Have a better look at the debug settings.
hope that helped
masi

make an exe application what loads hour dll and use it. After that in your dll project press run or debug, you will asked to point to some applications. Then browse your exe application. To debug cifferent things, just change your exe and rebuild it. THe debugging you should start from dll project. Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

filipski@excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back